Sunday, November 09, 2008

Playing Decorator


I twisted my knee and have been spending some time with my leg up watching my new TV, and knitting. Most of the daytime offerings that I found entertaining are the decorating shows. For a while I thought I had finished my bedroom, but new ideas began to form.

Beginning with a single plaid king size sheet that I got for $5 at the resale shop, I made a duvet, window coverings and then a pillow case, table cloth and then TV remote holster.




I hung my pink/green quilts in the viewing corner.

And then I made a window 'board' for my domed window. I found a piece of styrofoam in the garage and cut it to fit snug in the opening, against the glass. Then I cut batting, lining and the pink and made a covering. I had to hand stitch it closed because the pink was so skimpy. I was lucky I had just this little piece left from covering my headboard last year. I pinned the little Stawberry Street quilt onto it first. Dopey but better than plain. It really keeps out the light from the streetlight at night. I wasn't really happy with this choice so I used my remaining sheet scraps for this quilt, incorporating coordinating colors from that sheet.

Pink Pine

Hand dyed and commercial cottons, fused, hand and machine embroidered and quilted.

13.5x18.25"

4 comments:

  1. I love pink and green together! That is pretty nifty how you worked that window block.
    Hope your knee gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a big wad of juicy bubble gum to chew on and blow bubbles to match that BEAUTIFUL room!! I love pink - and the green makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee-lish! LOVE that room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:50 AM

    hermes handbags 2014
    Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write
    a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
So nice of you to drop by. I love your comments, and if you would really like a reply, please email me at fibermania at g mail dot com